Lake Emma Animal Hospital has become a partner in the Veterinary Care Charitable Fund (VCCF), a program created by the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF) to support veterinarians who provide veterinary services to animals in our communities whose owners are faced with financial hardships.
Every year Lake Emma Animal Hospital donates considerable time and money to a number of local animal health-related charitable endeavors in Lake Mary and the surrounding communities. With a growing number of pet owners who are unable to afford veterinary care, the need for charitable help far out-weighs the ability of any individual veterinary practice.
As a participant in the Veterinary Care Charitable Fund, Lake Emma Animal Hospital will provide direct animal care for pet owners facing financial hardships, including:
- Low-income seniors
- Disabled veterans
- Individuals requiring service dogs
- Victims of domestic violence
- Good Samaritans who rescue and rehabilitate animals
How Can You Help?
As a partner in the VCCF, Lake Emma Animal Hospital encourages fellow animal-lovers in the community to make charitable contributions of any amount. Donations go directly to the AVMF and are held in the designated Lake Emma Animal Hospital account where they are later distributed for appropriate cases. Please support our efforts to make sure that all of our patients receive the medical treatment they deserve. Contributions are tax-deductible and may be made in memory or recognition of beloved pets. Donations can be made in person at the hospital, via mail or online.
To donate to our Compassionate Care Fund online please visit:
Lake Emma Animal Hospital – Compassion Fund
In addition, Lake Emma Animal Hospital also has a K-9 Heroes Fund to support retired military and police dogs. Much like their human counterparts, these animals have very demanding jobs. Years of service can take their toll physically and even mentally.
These dogs are retired due to either old age or injury/illness. They retire with no benefits, leaving their handlers or adoptive parents to cover their medical expenses. Veterinary issues may include expensive procedures and on-going medications. We believe that these four-legged heroes, just like their humans, deserve quality medical care long beyond their active-duty. Your donations honor these courageous creatures and allow them to comfortably enjoy their golden years.
To donate to the K9 Hero’s Fund online please visit:
Lake Emma Animal Hospital – K9 Hero’s Fund
*When you make a donation through the Veterinary Charitable Care Fund, 92% of every dollar is used to directly fund patient care for animals in the community seeking treatment here at Lake Emma Animal Hospital. The remaining 8% of donations are held in the American Veterinary Medical Foundation’s “Greatest Needs Fund,” which helps all participating veterinary practices, for special needs cases requiring funding beyond what is available in an individual practice’s account.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
– Mahatma Gandhi